Saturday, March 04, 2006

Cindy Sheehan

This will be a quick one. Everytime I see this lady on the news or I read about her in the Stars and Stripes at dinner, I can't help but be disgusted by her.

Seriously - I just have a few questions for her.

Were you anti-war before your son joined the service and went to Iraq? If you were, was your son aware of your opinion about the war and his service? Was your son anti-war?

Because seriously, I find your opinion and your actions dispicable and I know I will never know the answer to these questions, but if your son didn't know your opinion before he gave his life for our country (your country) and his fellow Marines, I find you even more digusting. I swear, if my mother ever road the coattails of my sacrifice (which she never would because she is honorable and respectful and believes in her country and military) to further her personal agenda I would roll over in my grave a thousand times over.

Let your son's sacrifice be honorable, because it was and it should be remember as just that, not as a controversial anti-war statement that he probably never intended.

Disgrace and shame are what I think of when I hear or read your name. Not disgrace or shame for my being here or serving my country honorably, but disgrace and shame for you to be so ignorant and naive and disrespectful of your son's sacrifice and those of our military members.

Mom - please don't ever follow in the shoes of this woman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just seen this, so apologies for the late comment.

All (normal) mothers are anti-war to a degree. When their offspring are soldiers, it is to a stronger degree. When their soldiers are in a combat zone, it is to an even stronger degree. When their soldiers are dead, it reaches a peak.

The only reason there are soldiers with living parents is that the future is uncertain. No one knows who will live and who will die. If your mother knew with certainty by whatever means, that you were going die on your next tour, then she would stop you. You may think that she would be unable to do that, but if it meant breaking your kneecaps with a baseball bat, then she would do that.

She would love, cherish and protect you whilst inflicting upon you probably the most grievious injury you've ever experienced. She would do what is necessary to protect you, no matter how much it hurt you, without the slightest hint of inconsistancy.

Cindy Sheehan is like any other grieving mother. It doesn't matter whether her son was killed in a car accident, by a roadside bomb, or slipping on wet tiles - she wants answers. Unfortunately, there are no answers about Iraq - at least no palatable ones. If he had died in Afghanistan, then you would probably have never heard of her. The answers as to why the US is there are simple and complete and believable.

Iraq is completely different in this regard. Operation Iraqi Liberation is probably the closest answer, certain closer than WMD.

But is that a palatable answer? It isn't one I'd try on a grieving mother.

Thu Mar 23, 01:49:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they lied about Iraq, they probably lied about Afghanistan. This war on terrorism is a sham-you can't fight an "ism" w/ the military. I think that soldiers and/or vets should run, not walk to the nearest anti-war group. Unfortunately, no one learned from Vietnam; people still follow along like lemmings--shades of Nazi Germany! It's sad. I hope you're still alive, and hope you don't lose your mind down the road w/PTSD or wind up with cancer due to DU exposure. All I see is endless, quicksand-type war. You should hope ALL parents, if in their right minds become anti-war.

Fri Aug 31, 05:13:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home